16 February 2011

A Book of Inspiration


Hello and thanks for coming over today!

I've told you before that I adore magazines and have accumulated stacks of them. But there comes a time when one has to let go. It's not the easiest thing to do that's why I find new uses for them, from gift tags, embellishments and useful containers.

Sometimes, I simply tear an inspiring page or cut a beautiful image from a magazine.

And look, I've whittled my magazine stack
down to another stack, albeit a smaller one.
Still a blah.

Good thing I have a few blank
journals like this one to the rescue.

I attach the magazine cut-outs
to the journal pages with glue.
TADA!

This is my Fashionista Journal.

I'm such a plain dresser, I seriously need to add some TADA! to my daily wardrobe. Photos from fashion glossies & catalogs provide visual cues on how to style an outfit. At the back page, I make a list of things I need to add to my closet {ex. black boots, a cocktail dress, a formal watch}. On days when I feel I have nothing to wear, I look through this journal for some needed inspiration.

This is my Blogger's Journal.

It has articles about starting a blog, notes about maintaining a blog, as well as ideas for weekly themes & future entries. It contains crazy sketches and post-it notes with even more lists. Organized chaos is what it is!

This is my Inspiration Journal.

It contains a lot of odds & ends like flower arrangements, baby/bridal shower gift options, and a brainstorm for if I decide to start a business one day.

Some of the stuff I've placed in these journals have yet to see the light of day. But as the saying goes, "If you build it, they will come." These journals just happen to be the master plans.

I hope I helped you find uses for any empty journals or expired date books you may have lying around.

4 comments:

  1. Claire, I had no idea of the possiblities of a journal other than to write in it. Thank you, I shall look at mine with a 'new eye'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Betty, you really are the sweetest! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should probably have a shop. Everything you do is so pretty...even inspiration journals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Miss Destined For Now! Your comments are always so encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!