08 December 2011

Red Envelopes

In Chinese culture, there is a tradition of giving away red envelopes on special occasions like weddings and the New Year. Inside the envelope, you'll find money. The red color of the envelope represents luck & protection from evil spirits, while the money symbolizes prosperity.

With this tradition in mind and this project at hand:

Transforming a blah paper bag into
something TADA!

I came up with this idea:

More gift envelopes but in a
raging red & a cheerful wish.

I cut this part of the bag into a
rectangle, folded it to make an
envelope and glued the edges
together, leaving one edge as
the opening.

Here's what the back looks like.

So whether or not I put money inside,
I hope my friends receiving these
red envelopes will find 2012 filled
with luck, protection & prosperity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!