29 October 2012

Halloween Decorations

Happy Monday! I've been taking a lot of quiet walks lately. I'm liking the comfortable chill, and I'm loving that the colors of the leaves are slowly changing into their autumn best.


Orange against a blue sky...breathtakingly TADA! I hope the leaves hang-out on the trees as long as possible because I think barren trees are blah.

I come across lots of twigs during my walks. I think they make wonderful crafting materials for Halloween. Here are some ideas from magazines that I put together to show you how twigs can turn from blah to TADA!:
Bat Mobile
via Martha Stewart
via Good Housekeeping
Whether you use these twigs to display Halloween characters like bats and birds, or use them to display Halloween treats, they are sure to add a spooky surprise in your home. Have a nice day!

To those in the US East Coast, wishing you warmth and safety as Hurricane Sandy approaches.

4 comments:

  1. All the twigs look great but I like Martha Stewart's one the best! Thanks for sharing, Claire!
    Do you decorate for Halloween? I do very little, usually just a 'gaping pumpkin' :) In other words I don't do a good job of carving pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you today, Betty! I normally don't decorate because of space limitations as apartment dwellers. But I do put up a DIY sign on Halloween for the trick or treat-ers! Thanks for your visit :)

      Delete
  2. Loving the little trees. They're a great way to get into the Halloween spirit without putting out gross, plastic decorations everywhere. I could even make a tree and redo it for Thanksgiving! What great ideas for decorating for the fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julianne! You're right, these trees aren't just for Halloween :)

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!